The performance MY COUNTRY is inspired by old-czech legends collected and written by the well-known Czech writer Alois Jirasek. Targeted reminder of the performance is: even in a cosmopolitan world, we shouldn’t forget on the nation, whose history we are part of... Therefore it was also selected musical interpretation from “the most Czech ones” — a collage of symphonic poems “MY COUNTRY” by the famous Czech composer Bedrich Smetana. Performance is accompanied by paintings from Alphonse Mucha, Czech Art Nouveau painter and decorative artist, world known for his distinct style. Despite the focus on the Czech nation and the Czech history, the performance MY COUNTRY is not conceived nationalistic or whatever dogmatically. Primary goal is to entertain the audience by bringing it to positive emotions - to delight and to touch the heart.
The parts of the performance
- The Vernisage — snobbery, complacency — “The history doesn't survive...”
- Contact with “Them”, …well, who knows where they come from? A present woman initiates cognition of the history of her nation.
- The Slavic Spring Festival
- The Slavic Spring Festival — Natural passion
- The Slavic Spring Festival — Harmony with nature
- The Libussa — legendary ancestor of the Czech people as a whole
- The Libussa — she was the wisest… she knew how to judge over the people
- The Libussa — The New Ruler — Premysl the Ploughman, the founder of Premyslid dynasty
- Not Afraid of History…
- The Mission to the Slavs
- The Mission to the Slavs — story about alphabet and understanding of religion in Slavic language
- The wars — suffer, servitude, freedom
- The Wars — the story about the long fight for freedom of the Czech people over the centuries
- The Pride — Nation and FUTURE
- The History survives! The History is our Future!